MF DOOM uh, I mean DOOM oh wait, no I actually do mean MF DOOM will release an album, a live one, in September. It's called Expektoration and features Big Benn Klingon as well. It'll be released on September 14 in the US, so hopefully will see a UK release some time this year.
The CD is broken up into two acts, the first one taking mainly from MM..FOOD and the super-collab that is Madvillainy, which is pretty good news, though I was hoping for some Viktor Vaughn. The second part (after a Star Trek themed intermission) draws from the debut solo record, Operation: Doomsday, including cuts and takes on the theme tune for Scooby Doo ('Hey!'). But, fear not fans of VV, there is a track from this guise as 'Change The Beat' appears, as does King Geedorah, with 'The Fine Print'.
Not much more than that is known, though what else more is there to know? According to the official website there will be a mini-site up in the near future, which I assume will include the full low-down, or something approaching it. In the meantime you can sign up to get updates, via e-mail. Do that. I would. The cover art is below, as is a clip of the man (we think) performing 'Rhymes Like Dimes' live. That's also on the record.
Main photo by Tim Ferguson
- DOOM, Madlib, Freddie Gibbs, J Rocc + more set for exclusive London show
- Ghostface Killah, DOOM at Roundhouse, London, South East England, Sat 05 Nov
- Video Round-Up: 10/11/2011 ft. DOOM, Patten, Seventeen Evergreen + more
- Spotifriday #115 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. Field Music, Walls, When Saints Go Machine +
- Listen: DOOM, Jonny Greenwood + Thom Yorke track 'Retarded Fren'
- In Photos: ATP - I'll Be Your Mirror curated by Portishead @ Alexandra Palace, London
- Spotifriday #101 featuring DOOM, Vivian Girls, Mogwai + more
- DOOM announces UK tour for November, London show w/ Ghostface