Whilst the news that The Roots and "Brooklyn Hipster Indie" types Dirty Projectors are working alongside one another may come a surprise to some of you, it doesn't to us and probably shouldn't to you either given a) ?uestlove from The Roots plays drums for the house band on Fallon and b) because of this he tends to hang out with some of the most hip and happening bands in the known universe, including the aforementioned DP. Oh, and c) he recently revealed that he'd been working with Joanna Newsom in a manner of speaking.
This particular news comes to us via Pitchfork who also post a video to prove the very fact. No bullshit, like. We've done similar, via ?uestlove's TwitVid account:
He also posted these words on Twitter:
"Workin on 2 interludes at the same time w/ the ladies of the Dirty Projectors. #howigotover"
Along with a picture!
Neat. This new Roots record, How I Get Over, is quite the collaboration fest and promises a whole lot. We just hope it delivers when it drops in late June.
- In Photos: Wireless Festival 2012 @ Hyde Park, London
- Drowned in Sound Albums of the Year 2010: 75-51
- The Roots, John Legend - Wake Up!
- The Roots - How I Got Over
- News Round: The Shins, Les Savy Fav, Avalanches, Interpol, The Roots, Chillwave + more
- The Roots working with Dirty Projectors
- Joanna Newsom to feature on new Roots record
- Watch: Mos Def, Talib Kweli and some of Dirty Projectors perform live