Remember back in in the past when there was all this noise about Christina Aguilera collaborating with Le Tigre? Was it exciting times or generally-quite-ambivalent times for you? Anyway, some of us were intrigued if not excited about what the hell this fusion of fantastic musical minds would produce.
Now the wait and anticiption is over, as the track has been aired and you can give it a listen. Um, yeah. It's called 'I Hate Boys' and is available to stream over at TwentyFourBit, which is the website we got this very news from. We haven't embedded it ourself for various legal reasons, like.
The track is taken from Xtina's forthcoming record Bionic. That record also features work from Ladytron, Santigold and none other than woman du jour M.I.A. who has been very busy indeed these last few months.
Here's what Le Tigre's Johanna Fateman had to say about working with Miss Aguilera:
"…While the giant sound of her stacked vocals and the pop sheen she lends to the tracks might seem at odds with Le Tigre’s aesthetic roots, it really works. The songs have a lot of elements we’re known for, like a garage guitar sound, schoolyard chants, new wave-y synths, electro beats, and somehow it all sounds crazily right with Christina’s unbelievable voice."
Does that fit with what you think of it? I'd like to see the full lyrics for it, can't quite decipher every last one. Too much going on around it all.
- Lost 11 of 2011 - #4: MEN Talk About Body
- Electrelane week: The Art of Touring by Mia Clarke
- Ten Years Of Camden Crawl: Then and Now
- Listen: Le Tigre and Christina Aguilera collaboration
- Spotifriday #32 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Christina Aguilera to collaborate with Le Tigre
- ATP: 'Le Tigre have split'
- Cover me bad: stars line up for Yoko Ono album