Yesterday we brought you a slice of fresh 'Tenderoni' from the debut Kele Okereke solo album. Yeah, him out of Bloc Party. Now there's a brand new video sitting in my inbox, and YouTube, of the aformentioned cut of 'Tenderoni'. We apologise for a bit of a video splurge today but, as ever, that's just the way it's turned out.
Some of the comments on the track itself were less than positive, so let's see how this audio-visual treat goes down. It vaguely reminds me of that Patrick Wolf vid from last year. And a few hundred others. It also features The Boxer - as seen in the title and cover art of the record. I sincerely hope he becomes a frequent character and maybe even makes a few shock appearances in the live arena.
Whaddya think?! Below are his newly announced solo tour dates.
14 - Dolans, Limerick
15 - Cyprus Avenue, Cork
16 - The Academy, Dublin
17 - Spring and Airbrake, Belfast
11 - Plug, Sheffield
12 - Warehouse Project Fest, Manchester
24 - Digital, Brighton
1 - Cockpit, Leeds
2 - Academy 2, Oxford
3 - University, Southampton
5 - Waterfront, Norwich
6 - Village Underground, London
8 - Digital, Newcastle
12 - Thekla, Bristol
13 - Ultra!, Nottingham
14 - O2 Academy 2, Birmingham
28 - Leeds Festival, Leeds
29 - Reading Festival, Reading
The Boxer comes to you via Wichita on June 21. 'Tenderoni' will be with you a week earlier, on June 14.
- Latitude 2013 confirms Kraftwerk, Foals, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party + Spotify playlist
- Bloc Party - Four
- In Photos: Bloc Party @ HMV Ritz, Manchester
- Free Download: 'Killdozer' by Young Legionnaire
- Listen: Stream Wet Paint and Matthew Tong from Bloc Party RSD tracks
- Drowned in Sound celebrates 10 years with a 2-hour takeover of BBC 6Music
- 10 Today - Happy Birthday to DiS
- DiS meets Kele Okereke