London's Serpentine Sessions have announced the line-up for this year's edition, following on from Regina Spektor, Bon Iver and Tindersticks, who all performed last year.
This year we'll see the ever-more critically acclaimed Laura Marling, the as-ever critically acclaimed Grizzly Bear and someone who needs no words tagging before her name, Patti Smith. All shows will take place, of course, in the Serpentine bit in Hyde Park.
Full line-up and ticket price/details below:
Monday 28 June - Grizzly Bear - £27.50+BF
Tuesday 29 June - Patti Smith and band - £32.50+BF
Thursday 1 July - Laura Marling - £27.50+BF
N.B: '+BF' for the Laura Marling show is not a confirmation that Marcus Mumford will be in the audience. Arf. Supports for the shows have all yet to be announced so stay tuned. We'll probably stick that in a festival round-up, in all honesty. Capacity is limited to around 3,000 and tickets go on sale on Friday 23 April from here.
JUST IN CASE you haven't ever heard anything by these three artists, we've embedded videos of theirs below:
Photo by Carmel McNamara
- Record Store Day 2013 - The DiS Guide: SoundCloud sampler + Wings / RSD13 competition
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- DiS Staff: #1 Albums of 2012
- 50 Musicians To Follow On Instagram
- In Photos: Grizzly Bear @ Brixton Academy, London
- POP Montreal: The DiS review
- In Photos: End Of The Road Festival 2012 @ Larmer Tree Gardens, Dorset
- September 2012: Editor's 10 Favourite Streams + Spotify playlist