Well hello there. What's this we have ourselves here? A free sampler by all-round pretty-damn-good record label Kill Rock Stars, the home of work by Elliott Smith, The Thermals, Sleater Kinney, Xiu Xiu, Deerhoof and about a thousand other wonderful artists. Yes, yes it is.
They're offering a free sampler, of various releases - some old and some slightly newer. You can pick this up by visiting this website and taking the necessary steps. It's a tad under 100MB and will come at you in 192kbps mp3 format. Click here to get it directly, and point those peepers below to see the full tracklist and partly unnecessary artwork.
- Elliott Smith - 'Angeles' from Either/Or
- The Thermals - 'Now We Can See' from Now We Can See
- Gossip - 'Standing In the Way of Control' from Standing In The Way of Control
- Thao - 'When We Swam' from Know Better Learn Faster
- Sleater Kinney - 'Oh!' from One Beat
- Panther - 'Love Is Sold' from Entropy
- Unwound - 'Corpse Pose' from Repetition
- The Paper Chase - 'What Should We Do With Your Body? (The Lightning)' from Someday This Could All Be Yours (Part 1)
- Xiu Xiu - 'Dear God, I Hate Myself' from Dear God, I Hate Myself
- Deerhoof - 'Believe E.S.P.' from Friend Opportunity
- Quasi - 'Repulsion' from American Gong
- Marnie Stern - 'Transformer' from This Is It...
- Stereo Total - 'I Love You, Ono' from My Melody
- Liliput - 'Ain't You' from Liliput
- Bikini Kill - 'New Radio' from New Radio
- Bratmobile - 'Die' from The Real Janelle
- Comet Gain - 'Kids In The Club' from Realistes
- The Shaky Hands - 'Allison and the Ancient Eyes' from Let It Die
- The Decemberists - '16 Military Wives' from Picaresque
- Horse Feathers - 'Curs In The Weeds' from House With No Home
- Jeff Hanson - 'Hiding Behind the Moon' from Son
As you also may have noticed, this SoundCloud thing is really starting to hit the big time. Well, some decent record labels are using it to upload and share their wares, at least. Kill Rock Stars are one such organisation. Their SoundCloud account is here and includes full albums by Quasi, Xiu Xiu, as well as plenty of singular tracks.