So, various bits and bobs surrounding the imminent return of 65DaysOfStatic have been floating around in the ether for a few days or so now, but we thought we'd bring you most of the relevant info compacted and combined in one article. So don't say this is 'old news', OK?
Firstly, they have a new record on its way, called We Were Exploding Anyway, a rather typical 65DOS name, but that's what we all want, right? That's released on April 26 along with a single, 'Crash Tactics', which is the 'free track' mentioned in the headline. It's available to download below, but will also come out on limited edition vinyl on the said date. First comes the track...
...and now the shows to accompany. All dates in May.
1 - Stylus, Leeds
2 - Brickyard, Carlisle
3 - Oran Mor, Glasgow
4 - Academy 2, Newcastle
5 - Academy 2, Birmingham
6 - Octagon, Sheffield
7 - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
8 - Trinity, Bristol
9 - Junction 1, Cambridge
10 - Wedgwood Rooms, Portsmouth
11 - White Rabbit, Plymouth
12 - Koko, London
14 - Mandela Hall, Belfast
15 - Crawdaddy, Dublin
16 - Cyprus Avenue, Cork
Picture of the album art - what we in the business call a 'packshot' - features some kissy kissy.
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- In Photos: Truck Festival 2012 @ Hill Farm, Steventon
- In Photos: Tramlines Festival 2012, Sheffield
- SAVAGE PIXELS #5: Skyrim, Arkham City, Streets of Rage 2, Polinski’s Fantastic Five…
- DiSsers recommend... Quiet/LOUD songs
- Future Everything 2011: The DiS review
- Future Everything 2011 Preview
- In Photos: Drowned in Sound presents 65DAYSOFSTATIC @ Queens Social Club, Sheffield