- Titus Andronicus »
Hey! This last month or so has really seen us spoiled with fantastic records. You could probably apply this to the whole of 2010 so far, too. Not that I want to get hyperbolic about it all... Still, we've been dishing out 9/10s almost like never before and y'know what? We like it.
Titus Andronicus's The Monitor was one such record which fell a single tiny mark short of perfection, with James Skinner describing it as "a boisterous, eloquent argument that rock music need not be dumb in order to be enjoyable, moreover, that we should be questioning and analysing our heritage rather than precariously stumbling onwards. But mostly, it’s just a stupendous collection of songs; one that demands to be listened to as loudly as you can possibly get away with." Which is deserved high praise.
They've now a video for 'A More Perfect Union', which is the seven-minute opening exchange of varied tempo, crescendo and stuff about The American Civil War, no doubt, directed by Claire Carré. Lead singer bloke looks really sinister with that beard. I've been told facial hair can do that do a man.
A More Perfect Union
Titus Andronicus | MySpace Music Videos
The band are currently making their way 'round America, but they do shift their gear over this way in a couple of months. Here's where they'll be playing:
21 - Liverpool, Sound City Festival
22 - Glasgow, Stag & Dagger
23 - Leeds, Cockpit 2
24 - Manchester, Ruby Lounge
25 - London, City and Arts Project
- In Photos: Drowned in Sound presents Titus Andronicus @ The Harley, Sheffield
- Titus Andronicus plot UK tour for November
- Watch: Titus Andronicus live in Hoboken
- eMusic reveal their picks of 2010 so far
- Spotifriday #40 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Watch: Titus Andronicus - 'A More Perfect Union'
- Spotifriday #36 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Titus Andronicus - The Monitor