It's not often that we sing the praises of other publications here, aside from stealing all of our news from Pitchfork, that is. Not because we don't want to, but mainly because it'd be a bit...weird...to do it all the time.
But anyway, the reason for this article is that music magazine/paper Loud & Quiet is celebrating its fifth birthday and, as I'm sure many of you who work in offices are aware, that when it's your birthday, you're the one who has to bring the presents (cakes and shit...), something which has always seemed arse-about-face to me.
Much in that tradition, for its fifth birthday, Loud & Quiet have something for you. A present. A musical one. In 12" format. It'll be limited to 500 copies and will feature cover stars from past and present. From what we've heard so far there will be tracks from Telepathe, HEALTH, Metronomy, Comanechi, Christmas Island, Gold Panda, The Bitters, and Teeth.
Here are a few snaps of the mag and that...
Oh, and they've also launched a new website. Head over to here for that. But remember to come back here...even if their website actually works. WINK.
- In Photos: The Great Escape Festival 2011, Brighton
- In Photos: 1234 Festival @ Shoreditch Park, London
- Loud & Quiet celebrate five years, release compilation
- In Photos: HEALTH at the Old Blue Last
- HEALTHy gigging, for free: THIS week in London (updated)
- Kimya Dawson to headline London Ladyfest
- DiS's tale of the Jackalope: Comedowns littered like wheezing black holes
- Beheadfest at ICA, London, Wed 06 Jun