- Arctic Monkeys »
- Gang Of Four »
- DJ Shadow »
- Arctic Monkeys »
- Foals »
- Editors »
- Bryan Ferry »
- Coldplay »
- Stornoway »
- Status Quo »
- The Magic Numbers »
A veritable host of stars from the indieverse have been putting their efforts in recent days into raising money for Haiti, and victims of the earthquake which shook the country two weeks ago. Radiohead put on a gig in Los Angeles (see vid below), Bono and some other people are going to record an R.E.M song or something and Los Campesinos! put their FIRST EVER glockenspiel up for auction. Good effort from that lot.
There's also a whole LOAD of instruments, equipment, signed things and other bits and bobs going up for sale on the world-famous internet auction site, eBay, with the funds being donated to Oxfam's Haiti appeal. Seriously, some of these goods are definitely worth going for. If you have a couple of grand lying around. Is it tax deductible?
A few of them you may remember from other news stories, including a personal song written by Damon Albarn and The Magic Numbers playing in your back garden. Some of them you may not, like, errrrrrrrm, the signed Status Quo clothes. Soiled, I hope.
Click your mouse here to have a butcher's at what's on offer, or look below to see a selection of the finest. Some are doing a bit better than others, as you'd expect. Poor Stornoway.
- Stornoway limited edition signed T-shirt - currently @ £29
- DJ Shadow's turntable - @ £401
- Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys' guitar - £3,000
- Hearing Gang Of Four's new album with Andy Gill - £155
- Chris Martin's 'Viva La Vida' signed tour jacket - £6,701
- Original Roxy Music Artwork donated by Bryan Ferry - £395
- Signed Status Quo stage clothes - £295
- Magic Numbers play in your back garden - £2,050
- Hand-written Klaxons lyrics - £77
- Personal song written by Damon Albarn - £5,020
- Foals guitar - £175
- Editors signed Yamaha snare drum - £160
So, some are eminently more affordable and realistic than others. Not sure what you'd do with a Foals guitar or Editors snare drum? Sell it back to them in a few years' time?
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines at Trent FM Arena, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Fri 28 Oct
- SBTRKT, theQuietus, Matador + many more nominated for AIM's Independent Music Awards
- V Festival 2011: The DiS Review
- Björk and Domino Records founder to be honoured at inaugural Independent Music Awards
- In Photos: V Festival 2011 @ Weston Park, Staffordshire
- V Festival 2011: A DiS preview...
- This Week's Singles: 15/08/11 Battles, Darren Hayman, Toro Y Moi, Danger Mouse