Right, so, you may think that we give an disproportionate amount of coverage involving the free music streaming service that is Spotify. Well, a) you'd be wrong and b) you're still wrong. We're just trying to help you, maaaaaaaaan.
Anyway, onto the subject of this week's Friday Feeling, as that's why you're here, unless you mistakenly clicked the link to watch Laura Marling's new video, in which case you'll be disappointed. A website popped up a few months ago, called Pitchify, a word which is formed by combining the 'Pitch' from popular music website Pitchfork and Spotify. I'll be totally honest and say that Spotfork would have been my preferred choice, but at least 'ify' gives the word a little shot at being a verb.
Pitchify was first set-up to go through all of the REALLY GOOD records on Pitchfork (i.e the best rated ones) and then provide Spotify links to those very albums. This may strike you as the height of laziness, but plenty of people don't tend to read reviews fully, and want more instant gratification. Heaven knows it can be a daunting and time consuming task.
"But why are you telling us about a website which relies solely on Pitchfork?", You ask. Well, we're not. Not any more anyway, as Pitchify is now using content from us to stick up on their website, pointing you to the albums which are rated 8/10 or higher. A most excellent progression.
So, get over to Pitchify and have a looksee.
- In Photos: Field Day Festival 2013 @ Victoria Park, London
- Animal Collective - Monkey Been to Burntown
- "All songs are about The Sex" - DiS waves farewell to Singles columnist Wendy Roby
- This Week's Singles 12.11.12: Omega Male, Animal Collective, Roses Gabor, Dutch Uncles
- Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
- News Mixtape: July 2012 ft. Frank Ocean, Death Cab's Ben Gibbard, Peter Broderick, Lykke Li and more
- Behind The Screens: DiS meets This Is My Jam
- ATP Animal Collective: the very belated DiS review