Y'know, the problem with most hip-hop collaborations is that, by and large, there's a big degree of mystery to it all. Rumours of get-togethers fly around like a bee on crack, people make comments, things get misquoted and before you know it, you're left with something that may never happen. That's why it's wise to proceed with caution and not get too excited.
This time, however, Imma let you off cos there's a frickin' new Madvillain album in the pipeline, or so reports Pitchfork. Naturally, anything which even hints at a successor to Madvillainy is worth just a little cry of joy. According to their label's (Stones Throw) publicist, Madlib will produce every track, as before, with TV On The Radio's David Sitek also being involved, though we're not entirely sure how.
There's also some involvement with Mos Def, who is featured in this below video with DOOM, which surfaced the other week.
DJ. J.Rocc played a few sneaky snippets from the new Madvillain (presumably called Madvillainy II or something...) on his radio show. Again, we're not sure if they'll make it onto the final cut, or any more specifics but signs are good straight off, as if you were expecting any different, huh? All I can say is there had better be an appearance from Quasimoto.
- DOOM, Madlib, Freddie Gibbs, J Rocc + more set for exclusive London show
- How I Found Beauty in the Beat
- Mos Def to play trio of UK shows, performs Madvillain's 'Accordion'
- Madlib to release 12-CD, 6-LP series
- New Madvillain album in the works, hear snippets
- Mos Def reveals album deets, Slick Rick and Madlib on board
- When in Rome: Cluster, Madlib, No Age for Dissonanze 2008