Some of you may have heard of The Ice Cream man, though the chances are that you haven't. Which is fortunate, because this series will be the perfect opportunity for you to acquaint yourself with this unconventional figure of a man.
The premise of Ice Cream Man's Road Trip was quite simple: he'd head around the United States of America this Summer just passed, taking in whatever music festivals he could, (Bonnaroo, ATP NY, Pitchfork etc.) giving away free ice cream (charitable!) as well as being a kind and gentlemanly fellow about it all.
That's exactly what he did. He also thought it'd be a good idea to film it, and why not? Over the course of the summer and his road trip he took in 15 music festivals, distributed 200,000 or so free ice creams and messed around with 60 of the hottest bands on the way, each condensed into an episode, playing live, talking or jus' hanging out.
The shows have been streaming on Babelgum, but we thought we'd run the best of them here this week, as well as asking the man himself a few questions about just WHY he'd want to do this, how much it cost and well, y'know...maybe what the most popular ice cream was. Quite possibly some American tripe we've never heard of, or would never be able to attain. Anyway, stay peeled.
Here we go:
- I'll Be Your Mirror artists pick their favourite B-Sides ft. Warren Ellis, Bill Wells & Aidan Mo
- In Photos: Green Man Festival 2010
- DiS meets Sleepy Sun
- Sleepy Sun - Fever
- Watch: Road Trippin' with the Ice Cream Man Part I, ft. No Age, TNV, Flaming Lips and more
- Line-up for ATP's In Between Days announced, featuring APSE, Lightning Bolt and more
- This Week's Singles: 31/08/2009
- ATP to celebrate 10 years with December weekend ft. Mudhoney, Shellac, Melvins and MORE...