- Broken Records »
A double-piece of Broken Records good news today, one in the form of a tour and one in the shape of a release. Firstly, they've just announced that they'll be touring England and Scotland in November with 10 dates in total. It even includes a date in Thurso which, for those not of a Scottish persuasion is quite, quite far North. It's about as far North as you can go on this island.
In addition to that, and on the back of their quite majestic debut Until The Earth Begins To Part, they're releaseing a new EP, Out In The Water. This was previously only available at live shows and in selected Edinburgh stores, but will now be released digitally through 4AD on Monday November 2.
- Out On The Water
- The Crumbling Wall
- Lessons Never Learnt
- A Warning
- All So Tired
All five of those tracks were recorded before sessions from their debut.
Here's where they're going on that tour, with plenty in Scotland, obviously.
3 - Duchess, York
4 - Ink @ Masque Theatre, Liverpool
5 - Bush Hall, London
6 - The Cooler, Bristol
7 - Tait Hall, Kelso
8 - Oran Mor, Glasgow
10 - Theatre, Perth
11 - Cafe Drummond, Aberdeen
12 - Ironworks, Inverness
13 - Skinandies, Thurso
- Drowned in Scotland: July-August 2011
- Drowned in Scotland - January 2011
- In Photos: Drowned in Sound presents Broken Records @ The Harley, Sheffield
- Broken Records - Let Me Come Home
- Watch: Broken Records - 'A Darkness Rises Up'
- This Week's Singles: 18/10/10
- Drowned In Edinburgh #1
- 4AD give away free 12-track sampler, lovely stuff