John Lydon-fronted post-punk luminaries Public Image Ltd have reformed once more, this time announcing a spate of five arena dates across England and Scotland in the run-up to Christmas.
The band are touring in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the album Metal Box which was released on November 23 1979 and includes such memorable numbers as 'No Birds' and 'Albatross'.
You may, of course, remember John Lydon from his days in the jungle or promoting some kind of butter or other. But now, thankfully, he's returning to music with PiL. Hoo-rah-rah!
Here are those dates:
15 - Birmingham, O2 Academy
16 - Leeds, O2 Academy
18 - Glasgow, O2 Academy
19 - Manchester, O2 Academy
21 - London, Brixton O2 Academy
Tickets for these shows go on sale this Friday, September 11.
In other PiL related news, former bassist Jah Wobble is to release his autobiography later this month. The book is titled Memoirs of a Geezer: The Autobiography of Jah Wobble - Music, Mayhem, Life and is out on September 24 on Serpent's Tail.
Of his life, Mr Wobble says:
‘I’m Jah Wobble, a geezer. I come from Stepney in East London. I’m one of the chaps. I’m a totally different kettle of Fish and I haven’t got time for all that nonsense.’
- In Photos: Summer Sundae 2012 @ De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- In Photos: Guilfest 2011 @ Stoke Park, Surrey
- Electric Picnic 2010: the DiS review
- Five to see at the Sziget Festival
- In Photos: Public Image Limited @ Liverpool Academy
- PiL to record new material?
- Public Image Ltd reform and announce tour dates
- The Great Escape: Jah Wobble & Jon Savage in conversation