So you know how last week we said we had some exciting DiScover-related news for you in the pipeline? Well, we weren't lying. In partnership with The Deaf Institute, we're taking DrownedinSound live to Manchester at the end of October and then every fourth Tuesday of the month from then on.
It's the same formula as the Sheffield soiree, namely great bands and DJs, vast quantities of booze, a bunch of retro videogames and, well, you. We know there's plenty of Manchester DiSsers out there, and we want to get you all under one roof and have a bit of a knees up. It's still DiS' 8th Birthday month - an excuse for a celebration if ever we've heard one. Here's the opening night's bill:
Tuesday October 28 - £5adv
Wild Beasts (Myspace)
Stricken City (Myspace)
Cats In Paris (Myspace)
Smokers Die Younger (Myspace)
Plus Long Blondes DJs
Plus Tender Maulings DJs
Listings: DiS | Facebook | Last.fm
Proceedings run from 8pm until whenever we get too drunk to play any more records. Also on the wheels of steel, we've roped in some Long Blondes for a special guest DJ set. Expect all manner of aural candy from Sheffield's finest.
Tickets, you say? Purchase them at the venue (The Deaf Institute is on Grosvenor Street, M1 7HE - map), at Piccadilly Records in Manchester (map) or online here, soon. We are very, very excited about this one, and you should be too.
Video: Wild Beasts, 'The Devil's Crayon'
- Drowned In Sheffield #6
- Everett True’s Rough Trade - a two disc mix(tape)
- DiSection: Long Blondes - Singles track-by-track
- Animal madness: Wild Beasts, Cats In Paris and more to DiScover Manchester in October
- More acts line-up for Nail The Cross
- The Long Blondes cancel forthcoming dates
- Watch: The Long Blondes going to the dogs
- The Long Blondes, XX Teens at Trent University, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Mon 14 Apr