Following you around: Lindstrøm returns with solo debut, dates
- Lindstrøm »
Following on from the 2006’s singles compilation It’s A Feedelity Affair, ‘tropical techno’ maestro Lindstrøm’s debut record proper arrives August 18 through Smalltown Supersound, entitled Where You Go I Go Too.
Three tracks weighing in from ten to thirty minutes, Hans-Peter Lindstrøm says of the record:
“Musically, Where You Go… has many of the same qualities. I’d say it’s the opposite of minimalism because I’ve used lots of layers to create the soundscapes I wanted to work on. However, it differs to It’s A Feedelity Affair in the way that I worked on the album.”
“It might be a challenge for some people to listen to it from start to end. It’s perfect for a long walk with headphones, or when travelling by train or aeroplane.”
And so, the tracklisting:
‘Where You Go I Go Too’
‘The Long Way Home’
Following the release the Norwegian will release another record former collaborator Prins Thomas, via Eskimo Recordings due late 2008.
He performs at London’s Rough Trade East on August 19, returning later in the year for an appearance at the Millennium Dome on October 3.
- Spotifriday #116 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. Slayer, Wilco, David Lynch + more
- New Lindstrøm album due early next year
- Bloc Weekender, Butlins, Minehead, 12-14 March
- This week’s albums ft These New Puritans, Eels and Lostprophets
- Huw Stephens names his Festive Ten
- Summit up: Snowbombing 2009 - The DiS Review
- Following you around: Lindstrøm returns with solo debut, dates