By jingo: Radiohead’s green plans scuppered by ‘the French’
The Sun are reporting that Radiohead’s plans to save the world have been ruined by fans in France who IGNORED the band’s attempts to ‘green-up’ a show in Paris because they are too LAZY to ride bicycles.
Thom Yorke’s gaggle made 50 front row tickets available for the already sold-out concert at The Bercy with one proviso – any takers would have to cycle to the Paris HQ of XL Recordings, Radiohead’s record label in Europe.
Polar bears: at risk because of 'the French'
Available on a first-come, first-served basis, 35 of the 50 tickets went unclaimed. Over to the Sun for a source:
“Unfortunately the French didn’t appear to share their noble intentions and roundly ignored the free ticket tactic.”
Those ignoble bastards. Thanks, the Sun!
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012