New Swan Lake record finished, according to Spencer Krug
Swan Lake, the project involving members of *Frog Eyes, Destroyer, *The New Pornographers, Wolf Parade and Sunset Rubdown, have finished recording their new album, according to Spencer Krug.
Krug – who is currently on tour with Sunset Rubdown and getting ready to release new Wolf Parade album At Mount Zoomer (details) - recently revealed as much to Bristol University student radio station Burst.
"Swan Lake just made another record. When it comes out, I don't know,” said Krug. “It hasn't been mixed yet, we just finished the recording._”
Though Spencer Krug’s myriad musical flutterings may bring him to mind before the rest of Swan Lake, the multi-instrumentalist and vocalist was keen to draw applause to less-celebrated bandmates Daniel Bejar and Carey Mercer.
“[Recording] is very deliberately, very outwardly _‘Everyone bring X amount of songs’, and I'll bring a whole song to the project and be like ‘This is what I would like you guys to do on this’, but their styles still get infused into the end result. That's the idea.
“It's a collaboration,” Krug continued, “and we talk a lot in that project about everything, but in the beginning stages, it's very much everyone brings, like, 4 songs. Finished songs."
More news on the follow-up to 2006’s Beast Moans (review) when we get it; thanks to Adam Benjamin for the heads-up.
- Watch: The New Pornographers - 'Move'
- Watch: The New Pornographers - 'Sweet Talk, Sweet Talk'
- eMusic reveal their picks of 2010 so far
- In Photos: The New Pornographers @ The Electric Ballroom, London
- The New Pornographers - Together
- Stream the new New Pornographers album at NPR
- Watch: Adam Goldberg 'interviews' The New Pornographers
- ATP announces additions to two December festivals