Larrikin Love: Courtney scraps solo record for collaboration with indie guitarist
Former Hole screamer and widow of Kurt Cobain Courtney Love has reportedly scrapped her next solo album, some three years in the making, to collaborate with the ex-guitarist of Larrikin Love.
The solo LP - working title Nobody's Daughter - had been in progress since 2005; she'd released debut solo offering America's Sweetheart (review) a year earlier. Involved in the new album were Linda Perry and Billy Corgan. Now, Micko Larkin.
Larkin is said to be in Los Angeles working with Love on completely new material. Larrikin Love split up in 2007 after one LP release, The Freedom Spark, which made number 37 on the albums chart in 2006 (review).
- Courtney Love wishes Frances Bean a happy birthday on Twitter
- Hole gig cancelled due to (unrelated) riot
- Hole are back! But not in the way you or anyone else would like!
- News Drowned-Up: Animal Collective, Stevie Nicks, Billy Corgan, Courtney Love, Sigur Ros + more!
- Courtney Love vs. Twitter
- Larrikin Love: Courtney scraps solo record for collaboration with indie guitarist
- Death of the critic: Courtney Love 4 Charlie Brooker
- Courtney: "I'm not wild"