David Byrne and Brian Eno 'finishing up' new record + Fatboy Slim news
The dream art-rock team of David Byrne and Brian Eno will return with new, strange fruit soon, the former Talking Heads man told NME.com recently.
Speaking at an event in New York, Byrne revealed that the duo had rekindled the relationship they formed in the late 70s/early 80s which resulted in three Talking Heads records and 1981’s classic My Life in the Bush of Ghosts (review).
“I’m finishing up a record with Brian Eno, a musician that I worked with 30 years ago,” Byrne said following an appearance with Paul Simon at the Brooklyn Academy of Music on the 9th of April. “We did a record together of songs, and that’ll come out.”
Anything else in the pipeline?
“…I’m also working on a collaboration with Fatboy Slim, also songs, I don’t know when that’ll be done but sometime.”
Presumably Byrne’s way of purging U2, then.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Watch: Imaginary Landscapes a documentary about Brian Eno and ambient music
- U2 - Achtung Baby (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
- Glastonbury 2011: The DiS Highlights
- In Photos: U2 @ Glastonbury Festival 2011
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2011 - Day 2 @ Worthy Farm, Pilton
- DiSsers Recommend... Who to see at Glastonbury 2011
- Glastonbury 2011: DiS' 65-Songs to Get You In The Mood (Spotify)
- Death Cab for Bass: Mixtape of Songs That Inspired Nick to Play Bass