Party pooper: Calvin Harris cancels UK dates after losing new album in Heathrow confusion
- Calvin Harris »
Calvin Harris has pulled three UK dates after losing an album’s-worth of material in the baggage handling problems showing-up the new Terminal 5 Building at Heathrow Airport.
The Scot’s laptop went missing on his return from America and it contained about seven months-worth of new material.
“He has lost the only copy of the new album," said a spokeswoman for Harris’s label Columbia Records. "It is a big cause for concern - months of work have gone into that."
The shows affected are those listed below:
10 London KOKO
12 Birmingham Custard Factory
13 Glasgow Barrowlands
A previous statement has said that live performances wouldn’t be impacted upon by Harris’s loss as he doesn’t use the laptop live, but a Harris who was talking about “setting airport officials on fire” according to the free London dailies, is clearly in no mood to entertain guests at the moment.
He did, though, apologise to fans on his website, saying: “We'll be back as a band for some festivals and then I'll be spending the rest of the year in my new purple studio, making the album.”
Re-making the album, the whole thing, unless a £750 reward entices it from a thief or the baggage handlers eventually find the missing laptop.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Photos: Wireless Festival 2012 @ Hyde Park, London
- In Photos: V Festival 2010 @ Hylands park, Chelmsford
- Festival News Round-Up #6
- Calvin Harris frustrated with Dizzee number one
- Shit magnet: V Festival announces new acts
- Party pooper: Calvin Harris cancels UK dates after losing new album in Heathrow confusion
- It's Relentless: Ronson and Harris among new additions for Wakestock
- Various - Radio 1's Live Lounge: 2