Oh, oh, oh, am I in trouble, darling someone's robbed our van: Cub Scout forced to cancel SXSW show
- I Was A Cub Scout »
Lovelorn scamps I Was A Cub Scout were forced to cancel one of their shows at South by South West last week after thieves stole £1,000 worth of equipment.
The duo were due to play the NME showcase at the Wave venue in Austin, Texas on Saturday afternoon, but their plans were scuppered when they discovered the blaggards’ business.
“Sadly, when we got to our hotel car park this morning we noticed our van was missing a lot of equipment and that the van had been broked into,” read a statement the band pinned to the wall of venue.
“With this, we regret to inform you that we will not be playing today. We are really sorry, but hope to be back soon.”
Perhaps not as soon as they may hope, though – among the swag carried off in the haul was a sequencer that “basically - electronically speaking - is the band,” Cub Scout’s management told us today.
“There’s a police report but not much else,” they continued. “Apparently there were a lot of break ins.”
Here's a video of the band in happier times, introducing their earlier performance at SXSW.
Video: I Was A Cub Scout - 'Pink Squares' @ Rio Grande, Austin, Texas; 13/03/08
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- 2008 to date: DiS's tracks of the year so far
- Johnny Foreigner's 2008 diary: May
- Updated: Was A Cub Scout definitely call it a day
- Death Cab, Ting Tings, N*E*R*D and more join iTunes live event
- I Was A Cub Scout show love for the old school: new single on cassette
- IWACS give away free songs; go on tour, add members
- South By Southwest 2008: the DiSummary
- Oh, oh, oh, am I in trouble, darling someone's robbed our van: Cub Scout forced to cancel SXSW show