Busy P, Orbital, Coldcut, Vitalic: England vs. France in titanic DJ battle
Tired of sending gormless charges out into battle, four top-dollar label bosses will make like warrior kings, (or cock comparers), later this month as they go head to head at SeOne in what’s being billed as a “global battle of the beats”.
Fighting the red, white and blue corner are Ninjatune and Long Range Recordings chiefs Jon More and Phil Hartnoll, also known as halves of Coldcut and Orbital respectively. In the, er, rouge, blanc et bleu corner are Ed Banger’s Busy P and Vitalic el Capitan of Citizen Records.
Not quite global, then. More inter-channel. Still, the Anglo-Franco tussle takes place two Thursdays from now, on the 20th of March at the club just south of the river and also features appearances from The Whip, Daedelus, Eddy Temple-Morris and Bonobo.
The event runs from 9.30pm ‘til 6am, five hours of which will be taken up by Phil Hartnoll’s set with full live band. Tickets cost £9.50 and are available from TicketWeb.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Album Stream: Nathan Fake Steam Days + artist commentary + dates with Orbital
- In Photos: Beat-Herder 2012 @ Ribble Valley, Lancashire
- Orbital - Wonky
- Watch: SBTRKT in session for BBC 6 Music's 10th Birthday Celebrations
- In Photos: Guilfest @ Stoke Park, Guilford
- In Photos: Orbital @ The Academy, Sheffield
- Busy P, Orbital, Coldcut, Vitalic: England vs. France in titanic DJ battle
- Paul Hartnoll: debut solo album and live dates