Chuck Berry, Flaming Lips for Camp Bestival '08
The first raft of names have been confirmed for next summer’s inaugural Camp Bestival event – a bill topped, so far, by the Flaming Lips and Chuck ‘fucking’ Berry.
Taking place at Lulworth Castle in Dorset from the 18th to the 20th of July, the festival will be making its debut after emerging from beneath the skirt of old mother Bestival.
A host of other names have also been announced - Billy Bragg, Suzanne Vega, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, the Wurzels, Ladyhawke, Florence and the Machine and more will all grace Dorset in July. Andy Weatherall will also man decks for a special ‘rock’n’roll’ set.
Adult tickets cost £120, while kids go half price! I feel dirty. Kids are 13-15 too, apparently, so if you’re 12 or under – result, it’s free.
Those tickets are limited to 10,000 and they’re on sale already from here. Alternatively, buy from here before the 20th of December to receive a Josie da Bank designed Christmas Card and a free copy of the ‘A to Z of Bestival’ 2xCD album.
The traditional Bestival event will still take place and it’ll still be on the Isle of Wight – tickets? Bestival.net for those.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Drowned In Manchester #10 – Festival Preview Spotify Special
- In Photos: Live From Jodrell Bank @ Jodrell Bank, Cheshire
- In Photos: The Flaming Lips @ The Eden Sessions, Cornwall
- In Photos: Primavera Sound Festival 2011 @ Parc del Forum, Barcelona
- Primavera 2011: the DiS review
- In Photos: La Route Du Rock 2010 @ Saint-Malo, France.