RIP: Blood Brothers split
- The Blood Brothers »
When Blood Brothers announced their take on the ‘indefinite hiatus‘ last month things looked more than ominous. Now, they’ve loaded both barrels, taken one last look around and shot themselves full in the face.
“THANK YOU AND GOODBYE,” starts the MySpace suicide note, “Dear Friends,” it continues:
“After 10 years of making music as The Blood Brothers, we have made the collective decision that our time together has come to an end. We feel extremely fortunate to have spent such a deeply memorable and amazing part of our lives with each other. At this point, however, we feel it's best that our futures move forward on separate paths.
“We'd like to express our sincerest thanks and gratitude to all the bands we've played with, individuals who have helped us make our records, and fans who have come to our shows and picked up our music throughout the years. Your friendship, support and love hold such a profoundly special place in each of our hearts. We hope that the memories you attach to our music are as fond as those you have given us. Thank you and take care, we'll miss all of you.
The Blood Brothers”
The act’s last studio effort came in the shape of last year’s Young Machetes - click here to read the review through sheets of tears.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com for back slaps and a credit...
- Blood Brothers are Dead! Long live their new projects
- Brothers rise from their Graves: Jaguar Love's fresh start
- Jaguar Love: DiS-supported tour kicks off this week
- New Pretty Girls Make Graves, Blood Brothers project signs to Matador, album due this summer
- RIP: Blood Brothers split
- The Weekly DiScussion: cold comfort songs
- Blood Brothers still alive, just about
- Bad Blood Brothers? Seattle punks said to have split