Gangsta Wrap? Fiddy and the Game in trouble
Two of gangsta rap™'s biggest names could be off our radars this time next week.
Starting at the top of the food chain, 50 Cent's future as a solo artist looks in doubt after the rapper pledged to "no longer perform music" if commercial rival Kanye West's record outsells his on their release in the US next week (11 Sep).
"I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums," the rapper mumbled to Rolling Stone at dog pitch.
As West's Graduation is currently outselling 50's Curtis by five to one, his days would appear to be numbered.
Of course, this retirement really rests on how much of a gent we think 50 Cent is. You've always been better judges of character than us, so we'll leave that to you.
Moving on, and Drowned in Sound's favourite Beckham-baiting, stadium-kicking Übermensch The Game went missing in Auckland, New Zealand Saturday night and as yet is still MIA.
On the island to perform at a concert with Akon, Naughty By Nature and Sisqo, the rapper ditched out of the event and now no-one knows where he is, basically.
The Game's label, Universal, and festival organisers and promoters were clueless as to the rapper's whereabouts.
- 10 Years in... "Beats" week: Bangers of the Decade - A Spotify Playlist
- 50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct
- In Photos: Pukkelpop 2009 - Day Three
- 50 Cent to become News Corp shareholder?
- Assaulted teenager sues 50 Cent for promoting dumb thuggery
- Hip hopped up: 50 Cent, Blige, Timbaland linked to illegal steroids
- Prince and Britney, blood and breasts: A Year in News
- The Weekly DiScussion: are we one awards ceremony short of three-dozen too many?