Evolution '07 evolves as bill is finalised
The full bill for this year's Evolution festival has been revealed, with the confirmation of the next raft of bands.
Simian Mobile Disco, Calvin Harris and Larrikin Love are among the latest acts added to the festival, which now looks something like this:
The Spillers Stage
Echo and the Bunnymen
Hot Club de Paris
The Strong Love & Bulletproof Soundsystem
The Baltic Stage
Simian Mobile Disco
Bonde Do Role
To My Boy
The Jukebox Soundsystem
The festival is spread over nine days, running from the 20th-28th May at various locales in Gateshead and Newcastle. The whole shebang will draw to a close on 28th May at NewcastleGateshead Quayside. It's in the fresh air, and it's free.
"We are extremely proud to put together such a diverse and exciting programme for Evolution this year," said festival director Jim Mawdsley. "This event is without doubt the biggest free music festival in the north."
- Hole are back! But not in the way you or anyone else would like!
- Larrikin Love: Courtney scraps solo record for collaboration with indie guitarist
- New debut for ex-Larrikin Lover
- Ex-Larrikin boy to tour with Courtney
- Larrikin Love split
- Transgressive: signings traverse UK for roadshow
- Evolution '07 evolves as bill is finalised
- The Art of Faction: J-Wo to tour with Larrikin and Get Cape