Rock Me, Amadeus! Falco's Future of the Left get busy in January
Ex-Mclusky/Jarcrew types Future of the Left have announced details of their debut single.
'Fingers Become Thumbs!'/'The Lord Hates A Coward' will hit all good record shops on the 29th of January via the physical medium of 7" vinyl, to be preceded by the usual digital format. The two tracks, released through Too Pure, will be backed by 'The Fibre Provider'. I have a copy already and it's mega-awesome, so expect a full review in the coming weeks.
The trio have also recently confirmed their biggest London show to date, playing the 100 Club on Tuesday, January 30th with LoneLady and Kong. Want tickets? Of course you do, so clicky-clicky right here. Don't worry, the link will open in a new window. We're so good to you.
As if this isn't enough to get you vaguely warm on even the chilliest of December evenings, there's also the news that the debut album may not be too far away. Speaking on the band's BlogSpace, Falco recently said:
"After two weekends spent in the not-that-haunted-at-all environs of Monnow Valley studios, we have finished recording (and about half the mixing) for nine songs which should be finding their way onto the finished album... we'll be back to finish it off sometime near the end of February".
With song titles like 'adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood' and 'I Need To Know How To Kill A Cat', you know it's going to be vaguely-threatening fun. HOORAY!
- DiS meets Future of the Left’s Andy Falkous
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Spotifriday #95 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Patrick Wolf, Bon Iver, Brian Eno + more
- Mixtape Monday: Especially for You compiled by FOE
- Drowned in Wednesday: Ash? Child? Silly DiSser related nonsense?
- Conversing with myself and another: DiS meets Future Of The Left
- DiScover: Future Of The Left
- Rock Me, Amadeus! Falco's Future of the Left get busy in January