Kylie WON'T play Glastonbury, after all
Despite many rumours saying she would perform, Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis has told BBC 6Music that Kylie Minogue won't be playing 2007's festival.
Eavis told the digital station: "She's got a lot of touring up her sleeve and I think if she was going to do Glastonbury, she'd rework her show and I don't think it's going to be possible in that time frame. It's just not going to happen."
Eavis also ruled both Muse and The Killers out of the headliner equation. She wouldn't confirm any acts, but Kasabian have been making it clear to their audiences that they expect to appear. It's also likely that Scissor Sisters will be on the line-up, albeit probably not as headliners... or will they?
Tickets for Glastonbury 2007 go on sale in April. Who do you want to headline? Muse would be good, but if not them, Radiohead? They'll have a new album to promote, hopefully. What about Arctic Monkeys, or Kaiser Chiefs, or Franz Ferdinand? Obvious choices, but crowd-pleasers nonetheless.
Rumours, let them run amok...
- In Photos: Muse @ O2 Arena, London
- The Insider: Doing it for the kids? How Radio One needs to get over its obsession with youth
- Muse - The 2nd Law
- Weekend Listening: Gwilym Gold, Jens Lekman, Erol Alkan, Patrick Wolf + lots more
- News Mixtape: August 2012 ft. Kate Bush, Pussy Riot, Tom Waits, Flying Lotus, Talk Talk, Kanye West
- This Week's (Olympic!) Singles! 23.07.12: Muse, Delphic & Keane
- Leeds Festival - A DiS Summary
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary