Antony Hegarty, Liz Fraser to perform Shakespeare sonnets
Antony Hegarty, of Mercury-winning outfit Antony And The Johnsons, has been invited to perform a Shakespeare sonnet, as part of The Royal Shakespeare Company's The Complete Works series of events, due to happen in February.
The project is curated by Gavin Bryars, and each show will see an orchestra of eight Opera North musicians providing music while three vocalists present the chosen sonnets; the stage will also accommodate actors. Joining Hearty will be Natalie Merchant and Liz Fraser.
More information on the project, and The Complete Works season, can be found here. The shows will take place in Stratford-upon-Avon, Nottingham, Manchester, Leeds and Gateshead.
- "Sometimes it feels like I'm still having to justify my existence": DiS meets Robin Guthrie
- Simon Raymonde of Bella Union's tribute to Rough Trade
- Bella Union bringing el Guincho, Emmy the Great, Duke Spirit to Wireless
- Label Focus #7: 4AD
- Label Focus #3: Bella Union
- 4AD to hold its first-ever SXSW showcase
- Antony Hegarty, Liz Fraser to perform Shakespeare sonnets
- Coachella Festival: full line-up includes Cocteau reunion...