The mobile manfacturer surveyed some 700,000 people across a whopping 66 countries to find 'the world's favourite song' (according to Sony customers, we assume). The top ten is, well, odd, and looks like this:
1. Queen - 'We Are The Champions'
2. Britney Spears - 'Toxic'
3. Michael Jackson - 'Billie Jean'
4. The Eagles - 'Hotel California'
5. Shakira - 'La Tortura'
6. Nirvana - 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'
7. The Beatles - 'Yesterday'
8. U2 - 'One'
9. John Lennon - 'Imagine'
10. Dire Straits - 'Sultans Of Swing'
Sha-fucking-kira? Dire Straits? Stick that absurd shit in your Top-Something-Records-Of-The-Last-Ten-Minutes Crown, Q Magazine.
Sony Ericsson corporate vice president Dee Dutta said: "'We Are The Champions' is an anthem worldwide both in music and sporting arenas. It conveys the passion music brings to our lives and proves a classic rock song is truly timeless".
Prefer 'Fat Bottomed Girls', m'self.