Spit It Out! Slipknot tackle a Whopper
- Slipknot »
The band are claiming that their image and persona have been hi-jacked by the chain for part of a marketing campaign to promote a new product, Chicken Fries. Apparently, adverts are running showing 'Coq Roq', a fake metal band bearing some similarities to the Iowa outfit, and Slipknot believe that their likeness is being used to influence fans into purchasing Chicken Fries.
The full story is being run on the Smoking Gun website, including official legal documentation.
DiScuss: Will Gwar and Kiss sue Slipknot for likeness rights too? Would you buy Slipknot-approved, or not as the case may be, poultry products?
- Sonisphere 2011: The DiS Review
- A Record Store'll Change Your Life, I Swear By Sean Adams
- Spotifriday #46 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Slipknot bassist Paul Gray found dead, aged 38
- Drowned in Reading Festival: A Greatest Hits Mixtape
- Perdu sur la plage: DiS does Les Eurockéennes
- In Photos: Eurockéennes Festival 2009, France
- Hove Festival 2009: DiS' highlights