Elvis refuses to reimburse fans after Champions League delay
- Elvis Costello »
Costello was late for his headline performance at the University of East Anglia on Wednesday 25 May as he'd been watching Liverpool - the team he supports - win the Champions League. Fans booed him when he finally took the stage, and some left after Costello reportedly reacted with swear words.
Ticket holders that left early were hoping for some reimbursement, but Costello ruled that out, saying: "Those who've asked for their money back should stay at home reading their cookbooks over a nice cup of Horlicks, while listening to their K-Tel collection of Punk Rock classics."
- The Meaning of Ritual: A Songwriting Masterclass with Conor from Villagers
- In Photos: Hard Rock Calling Festival 2010
- Bands cancel shows following Israel's flotilla raid
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- New Rough Trade comp due: Singer Songwriter 01
- I don't want to go to (DVD)
- Elvis refuses to reimburse fans after Champions League delay
- Elvis Costello at Apollo, Manchester, Tue 10 Sep