OutKast's André 3000 angers anti-gun campaigners
- Outkast »
OutKast's André 3000 (pictured) has angered anti-gun campaigners in the US by claiming he'd like to buy his nine-year-old son a weapon.
The rapper/actor is quoted as saying: "I would want my son to carry a gun when he gets older. It's just something you have got to have if you want to be safe."
André's son, Steven, was unavailable for comment. Anti-gun campaigners have, quite obviously, reacted angrily to such a statement.
A spokeswoman for the group Mothers Against Guns commented:
"André 3000 is idolised by large numbers of young children throughout the world. He is glorifying gun culture which has taken over the world and taken our children away from us. To say he is going to encourage his son to carry one around when he is older is despicable."
- Spotifriday #114 This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Eels, Deftones, Active Child + more
- An Album of the Year 2000 - 11yrson: OutKast Stankonia
- 10 Years in... "Beats" week: Bangers of the Decade - A Spotify Playlist
- Year 2000 - A Playlist of Songs Wot Soundtracked the Launch of DiS
- Outkast manager and WCW wrestler found dead after drugs overdose
- Inkast: Big Boi plotting new release but sticking with Andre 3000
- OutKast's Big Boi working on solo album
- OutKast's André 3000 angers anti-gun campaigners