No fair! We wanna go to the Fuck Yeah Fest...
- The Icarus Line »
- Blood Meridian »
- Shapes and Sizes »
- No Age »
- The Ponys »
- Dead Meadow »
- The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower »
- Midnight Movies »
- Giant Drag »
- The Thermals »
- Erase Errata »
- Subtitle »
- Burning Brides »
- Envy »
Seriously, I am pissed off this summer. Every week, it seems, I see another American festival with a line-up so pant-wettingly brilliant I have to down eight cups of water a minute just to keep up with my own urinating.
The latest three-day event happening over there - sadly too far from here for the DiS massive to make an appearance (unless organisers can afford three air fares?) - to get me all messy is the Fuck Yeah Fest, or the F Yeah Fest (dang censors), held in Los Angeles. It takes place this weekend - August 18-20 - and the line-up features...
Dead Meadow, Giant Drag (pictured), The Ponys, Circle Jerks, Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower, Envy, The Icarus Line, Gris Gris, Erase Errata, Blood Meridian, Horse The Band, Burning Brides, The Thermals, Subtitle, No Age, Midnight Movies, Shapes And Sizes... I could go on, but these pants are already saturated.
The festival - held at three different venues - is curated by Circle Jerks and Black Flag's Keith Morris. There's art and comedy, too.
Should any lucky bastard be in LA right now, more information can be found here.
- In Photos: Killing Joke @ Manchester Academy
- 5-4-Fri: Chromatics (LP stream), Gwilym Gold, Shearwater, Red Kite, The Icarus Line
- Killing Joke, The Icarus Line at Corporation, Sheffield, Fri 09 Mar
- Five For Friday: St Vincent, Blondes, Chairlift, Icarus Line, A Whisper In the Noise
- In Photos: The Icarus Line @ Catch, London
- Icarus Line, Tubelord, Dananananaykroyd + more for Brainwash 2011
- Spotifriday #106 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Warpaint, The National, Destroyer
- The Icarus Line - Wildlife