The Carling Weekend 2003: REVIEWED
Handy keyboard tip Press Shift as you click the link to open in a new window.
We shall begin our tale with the Carling Stage where the 'new' bands make a name even though there wasn't a single band that I, for one, hadn't heard of. I guess that's why it ain't been called the New Bands Tent for about 5 years. Winnebago Deal, The Hiss, Evan Dando, Colour of Fire, Har Mar Superstar and his bitchez are featured in hither.
There was a superbly undersized tent that changed half way through. A Punk, Hardcore & Emo sandwich in a moist, thick sliced Dance bread. Pennywise, Blackalicious, Funeral for a Friend, Poison the Well and Gold Chains all had their time.
The insatiably loud Evening Session Tent played host to established bands that pull the crowds and deserve a finer sound system than even the main stage such as Elbow, AFI, Hundred Reasons, Hell is for Heroes and The Music.
How can you differently describe The Main Stage? This is the main event. This is the source of real entertainment. It's where the timid become entertainers. Albeit very, very bad ones. This is where the fest comes to a grimy pustule of a head and the reason you are prepared to sit upon chips and chicken bones for several hours of the day. Just to see the greats, old and new, such as Metallica, Good Charlotte, System of a Down, InMe, Cave In and Blur.
- In Photos: Download Festival 2012 @ Donington Park
- Download 2012: The DiS Review
- Metallica, Lou Reed - Lulu
- Friday Fun: Listen to the WHOLE of the Lou Reed and Metallica album
- Listen: Clip of Metallica & Lou Reed collaboration
- Sonisphere 2011: The DiS Review
- In Photos: Sonisphere Festival 2011 @ Knebworth
- Sonisphere 2011: The DiS Preview, Part 1