The verdict on this year's Green Man festival, then: pretty awesome by all accounts. Best festival of the summer? Maybe. One of our bands of the festival, The National, enjoyed themselves too - so much so, in fact, that drummer Bryan Devendorff decided to treat us to a captioned selection of his festival snaps. Enjoy!
1. I spy a hill
2. Terry emerges from the bus
3. In harmony with the land
4. The Dark Lord
5. A security worker at her station. Poised and lovely, like a flamingo
6. Scott and Terry were briefly hijacked by these dudes who were all juiced up on Strongbow
7. Part movie re-enactment, part raver. When I tried sneaking a candid of Terry and this guy, he went all samurai and was like: "Avast! I be searchin' for ye olde M-D-M-Aaaay"
8. A family of elves jives together on the dance tarp, powerless against the music of Peter, Bjorn and John
9. Friend of the woman in pink Spandex (in a squeaky voice): "Shall I hold your fag for ya?"
The woman in pink Spandex: "Aaggghhh...."
Green man: (smiles)
Voice over: "And so I met Muriel, my lover. She wore Spandex; she smoked Silk Cuts. Ours was an affair of the heart..."
10. This picture was taken by Beth of the spectacular Bowerbirds. My brother and I are looking a little bug-eyed here. We were trying too hard to look "serious". You might recognise that other guy from the Starbucks Face of Summer ad campaign circa London 2006
- The National - Trouble Will Find Me
- A Scream and an Outrage: Win tickets to Barbican weekend of music curated by Nico Muhly
- DiS Does Singles 15.04.13: Cat Power, Jessie Ware, The National, Bibio
- ATP The National: the DiS review
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Watch: Sharon Van Etten in session + she chats about Tramp and getting stuck in the mud
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- DiS meets Bryce Dessner of The Long Count & The National