Stereophonics: The Story Of Handbags To Gladrags
- Stereophonics »
The Stereophonics bring their year to a close with a brand new single, 'Handbags And Gladrags.' Yes, the same song made famous by Rod Stewart on his 1970 debut solo album 'An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down', was recorded by the Stereophonics with Jools Holland And His Rhythm And Blues Orchestra earlier this year and is released on 3rd December 2001 on V2 Records.
Why would the Stereophonics want to release a cover song as a single? They have plenty of single quality songs on **'Just Enough Education To Perform'* left to pick from. They first heard and fell in love with the song while in New York in September 2000 while finishing up *'Just Enough Education To Perfom.'** Soon after it became a stand-out song on Kelly Jones' acoustic tour last November, and was played on Jools Holland's New Year's Eve Hootennany on BBC 2. Also it doesn't hurt that Kelly Jones' voice is pretty close to that of Rod Stewart. With all this in mind after hearing the song fans were instantly hooked had to have an official release and on 3rd December their wait will be over.
Now words alone can't express the emotions felt and how this song sparked such an interest with the Phonics and their fans. You need to hear and see it to judge for yourself.
Just click the links below-
Want more Stereophonics, enter the Phonics contest here
- Video Round-up: Sigur Ros, Metric, Hey Sholay, Foals + more!
- Weekend Listening: Stay+, Patrick Wolf, Halls, Exitmusic, Stereophonics, Deftones
- Stereophonics - Word Gets Around/Performance and Cocktails (Super Deluxe Editions)
- In Photos: V Festival 2010 @ Hylands park, Chelmsford
- Stereophonics - Keep Calm and Carry on
- Stereophonics announce greatest hits tour
- Stereophonics: double-date pre V Fest
- Pick a tat that's new: Wayne gets inked