Edit this event
- Mclusky »
There's not much more I like doing than watching a good ol' punk rock show. Mclusky are one of the most essential, brilliant, totally totally ace bands around and - shock horror - they have a sense of humour too.
They open with 'Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues' and swiftly hammer through most of the 'Mclusky Do Dallas' album. 'Alan Is A Cowboy Killer' becomes a singalong anthem, and the "sing it!" bits in 'To Hell With Good Intentions' form part of a shoutalong chorus with The Kids, plenty of whom are going suitably mental.
I decide to cave in to temptation and purchase a "Fuck This Band" t-shirt, leaving behind a smattering of DiS badges on the merch table (which was being manned by various Mclusky members throughout the nite, as well as bassist Jon's dad. Awwww).
With a few old and new tunes thrown in (inc one veryveryfast rocky thing with Jon 'singing' hilariously-high yelps), it's all over in the bat of an eyelid.
More! More! More!
- DiS meets Future of the Left’s Andy Falkous
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Spotifriday #95 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Patrick Wolf, Bon Iver, Brian Eno + more
- Mixtape Monday: Especially for You compiled by FOE
- Drowned in Wednesday: Ash? Child? Silly DiSser related nonsense?
- Conversing with myself and another: DiS meets Future Of The Left
- DiScover: Future Of The Left
- Rock Me, Amadeus! Falco's Future of the Left get busy in January