Queens of The Stone Age
Edit this event
- Queens of The Stone Age »
In terms of musical dedication and "keeping it real", The Queens HAVE to be the undisputed kings of the rock realm. The mighty Kyuss were born when Josh Homme was only 14 years old and since then both he and Nick Olivieri have been in more bands than you can count on two hands (Fu Manchu, Dwarves and Mondo Generator, to name but a few).
Now QOTSA have almost grown into an army for fucked up geniuses, with Screaming Trees front man Mark Lanegan and some bloke called Dave being the latest recruits to sign up.
...Back to the show, Dissapointingly, Nick Olivieri is not naked, but hey... Both he and Josh Homme cut imposing figures with the lights casting their shadows as 12ft monsters, which is not far from the truth. Homme is a big, big bastard of a man while Olivieri always seems to look like he's just escaped an ass-raping at Alcatraz- and BOY is he angry. Last single "No-one knows" causes a total riot, as does opener "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer". "You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar.." is a bass-heavy masterpiece whilst "Go With The Flow" is a poppier edge to their famed stoner rock sound.
Every single song is inch-perfect, devastatingly loud and a call to arms for the uninitiated- This IS the ONLY band you need, totally unpretentious music for the masses, with no concealed agenda only to rock-your-little-cock from here to eternity.
- Les Eurockeenes 2011: The DiS Review
- In Photos: Queens Of The Stone Age @ The Roundhouse, London
- Spotifriday #81 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Queens of The Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age (reissue)
- In Photos: Queens of The Stone Age @ Leeds Festival 2010
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2010 Day Three @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- 10 Acts to Catch at Reading Festival 2010 + Roadtrip mixtape
- Krist Novoselic dubs Dave Grohl 'greatest rock musician in the world'