The Shins, The Stills, and Hot ChipEdit this event
If you thought we'd get nose bleeds leaving the m25, just imagine what happened when we stocked up on duty free and went to the sulphuric rock heaven of Iceland...
We went, we saw, we documented, we returned. It was sold out. The people and their passion for new music was inspiring (people queuing at 2am to catch headline sets in -6 degrees, drunk, is genius!). And here it all is linked under one roof.
By our new editor Gareth Dobson, with bits by Sean.
Thursday 21st Oct here
Friday 22nd Oct here
Saturday 23rd Oct here
Never let it be said we haven't read too much Bukowski, Bangs and Hunter 'round these parts.
Day 1 & 2 Geysir, drinking and Sahara Hotnights. here
Day 3 & 4 Lagoons and The Stills and The Shins play two of the best shows of the year. _ here.
- The Shins, Calexico & Eleanor Friedberger on their favourite Christmas songs
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- This Week's Singles! 30.07.12: Dead Fader, The Antlers, The Shins, The Orb
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- This Week's Singles 28/05/12: Luke Abbott, Jherek Bischoff, The Shins, Euros Childs, Poppy & The
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- In Photos: The Shins @ The Forum, London