Edit this event
- Lock 17, Camden Town »
- Mystery Jets »
1) Mystery Jets have TWO drummers, one of whom has big hair and is also the lead singer. He is called Blaine.
2) Blaine’s dad plays guitar in the band. Hmm, could this start a new trend?
3) I still have their demo from 3-4 years ago when Blaine’s voice hadn’t broken, and naturally I’ll be selling it to the highest bidder as soon as the band are famous.
Mystery Jets are, let’s face it, a bit bloody weird. This is the sound of psychedelia and prog being properly booted up the bottom into the 21st century for all the freaks ‘n’ geeks, but they don’t use all the wobbly synth samples and bleeps just to show how ‘futuristic’ they are. This is, most definitely, a Good Thing.
At times it might seem overly pretentious and calculated (check those robotic ‘dance’ moves, woo woo) and the songs occasionally drag their heels when they have the potential to push things to their utmost limits; to push it so far you think “this is sick”. But the thing is, nobody could manufacture a band like this except themselves. Nobody else is that twisted.
- Mr Jack's Birthday at Peak Cavern, Castleton, , Sat 06 Oct
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Sunday blog
- Truck 15: the DiS review
- In Photos: Truck Festival 2012 @ Hill Farm, Steventon
- In Photos: Rockness Festival 2012 @ Loch Ness, Scotland
- In Photos: Mystery Jets @ Queens Social Club, Sheffield
- Mystery Jets - Radlands
- Maximo Park, Mystery Jets, Rolo Tomassi, Errors join The Great Escape bill