Vetiver are an American folk band headed by songwriter Andy Cabic and often joined by Devendra Banhart, cellist Alissa Anderson, drummer Otto Hauser, violinist Carmen Biggers, guitarists Kevin Barker and Sanders Trippe, and bassist Brent Dunn.
Vetiver released their debut album in 2004 on the small indie folk label DiCristina. Since the album's release Vetiver has toured extensively, opening for and collaborating with Banhart and Joanna Newsom. Before moving to San Francisco, Cabic was a member of the Greensboro, North Carolina indie rock band The Raymond Brake who released some records on the now defunct Simple Machines label. The band shared the bill with Vashti Bunyan on her US tour in early 2007.
- Vetiver (DiCristina, 2004)
- To Find Me Gone (DiCristina, FatCat Records, 2006)
- Thing of the Past (Gnomonsong / FatCat, 2008)
- Tight Knit (Sub Pop, 2009)
- www.vetiverse.com Official Site
- Vetiver at MySpace
- There’s no place like home MSNBC Interview, May 25, 2006.
- Indie Music Pick: Vetiver Audio review on Weekend America, July 29 2006. (RealPlayer)
- Andy Cabic video interview Hi-nu.com, Sep 5 2006 (french subtitles). (Flash)
- Video Interview with Andy Cabic via Naturalismo
- A Grab Bag of Goodies Andy Cabic lists 19 of his favorite tunes. Discollective, July 1 2007.
- Interview with Andy Cabic. PlugInMusic.com
- Top 10 of 2007 Andy Cabic shares his top 10 albums of 2007. PlugInMusic.com
Biography from Wikipedia