Herman Düne is a French duo, formed in 1999. Originally a trio, the band now consists of David-Ivar Herman Düne (guitars and vocals) and Néman Herman Düne (drums and sometimes backing vocals). Néman, who is from Switzerland, replaced former drummer Omé in early 2001. On December 13, 2006, André Herman Düne played his last show with the band, and subsequently changed his name to Stanley Brinks. With Andre's departure, the umlaut was dropped from the name. The band are often joined by other musicians on live performances.
In addition to the band's own albums, its members have worked on many side projects, some of which include Kungen, Ben Haschish, Ben Dope, John Trawlings, Fountain Boats, Satan's Fingers, and Fast Ganz. They have also played as the backing band for recordings by Julie Doiron (ex-Eric's Trip) and Kimya Dawson (ex-Moldy Peaches). Both André and David-Ivar have also released numerous solo CDs (mostly self-released CDRs). André and David-Ivar each contributed a song to the 2006 album by Françoiz Breut, Une Saison Volée. In 2006 he did a Take-Away Show video session shot by Vincent Moon.
This song 'I Wish That I Could See You Soon' was #89 on Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007.
- Turn Off the Light (2000, Prohibited Records)
- They Go to the Woods (2001, Shrimper Records)
- Switzerland Heritage (2001, Prohibited Records)
- The Whys and the Hows of Herman Düne & Cerberus Shoal (with Cerberus Shoal) (2002, North East indie)
- Mas Cambios (2003, The Track & Field Organisation)
- Mash Concrete Metal Mushroom (2003, Shrimper Records)
- Not on Top (2005, The Track & Field Organisation)
- Giant (2006, Source Etc.)
- Next Year in Zion (Fall 2008, Source Etc., Everloving Records, Cityslang)
- Money Makers on My Back (1997, self release)
- Glow in the Dark EP (1998, Ruminance Records)
- The Fire EP (2000, Prohibited Records)
- Between the Little Houses (2001, Prohibited Records)
- A Wiser Man (2004, Hype City Records)
- Jackson Heights EP (2005, The Track & Field Organisation)
- I Wish That I Could See You Soon (2007, Source Etc.)
- 1-2-3 / Apple Tree (2008, Everloving Records)
- I Wish That I Could See You Soon (2008, Everloving Records)
- The band is often mistaken as being Swedish, probably due to the fact that André and David have a Swedish mother. In an interview in the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet Néman says "The band is French." David continues: "Yes, the confusion about our origin is because people are good at making things up. And we have never fought the rumours. I lived in USA for a while, and all of a sudden the band was American."
- The song "Smalltown Boy" (originally by Bronski Beat) is played in the UK series Skins. In the 9th episode of the 3rd season, called Katie and Emily.
- Herman Düne
- Live review - Herman Düne – The Shed, Cambridge, 19 April 2007on The Line Of Best Fit
- "Herman Dúne omgivna av myter", interview in Svenska Dagbladet, 2 January 2007 (Swedish)
- Herman Düne plays with Turner Cody on 60 seasons, a compilation 2000-2005
- Pitchfork review, I Wish That I Could See You Soon
- 'Next Year in Zion' Song by Song descriptions by Daid-Ivar Herman Dune, November 2008
Biography from Wikipedia