Goldrush are a rock band from Oxfordshire, England. Their music has been compared to Nick Drake, The Byrds, The Flaming Lips and Grandaddy. The band centres around brothers Robin Bennett (vocals, guitar) and his brother Joe (keyboards, guitar, vocals). The other members are Garo (lead guitar), Growler (bass) and Graham Roby (drums). Original bassist Jef Clayton left the band in 2003.
Goldrush were formed in the late 1990s under the name Whispering Bob, after the DJ "Whispering" Bob Harris, who frontman Robin once served while working in the local SPAR shop. After releasing the mini album Another Fine Mess on their own Truck Records label, they changed their name to Goldrush, and soon after were signed to Virgin Records. Their first full-length album, Don't Bring Me Down, appeared in 2002, but the band was dropped by Virgin later that year. In 2004, the EP Ozona was released on Truck (named after the town of Ozona, Texas where the band once broke down on tour). This was followed by an album-length version on Better Looking Records in the United States.
The band have collaborated with former Ride singer Mark Gardener, serving as his backing band when performing live, and on his album These Beautiful Ghosts. Robin, Joe and Garo also play in Danny and the Champions of the World with Danny George Wilson of Grand Drive.
- Truck Festival
Inspired by Woodstock The Movie, the Bennett brothers also run the annual Truck Festival along with friends and family at Hill Farm, Steventon, Oxfordshire. The festival, which began in 1998, takes its name from the flat-bed lorries which are used as stages.
- Don't Bring Me Down (Virgin Records/Truck Records, 2002)
- Extended Play (Truck Records, 2002)
- Ozona (album) (Better Looking Records, 2005)
- The Heart Is The Place (Truck Records, 2007)
- Singles & EPs
- "Same Picture" (Truck Records, 2001)
- "Love Is Here" (Virgin Records/Truck Records, 2001)
- Pioneers EP (Virgin Records/Truck Records, 2002)
- "Same Picture" [Re-release] (Virgin Records/Truck Records, 2002)
- "Wide Open Sky" (Virgin Records/Truck Records, 2002)
- Falling Out Into The Night EP [A joint EP with Mark Gardener] (Truck Records, 2003)
- Ozona (EP) (Truck Records, 2004) produced by Rob Campanella
Biography from Wikipedia