"Since Green Day's 1994 break-through album Dookie , very few rock/pop/punk/alt acts have penned such a consistent string of undeniably great songs. To these ears, the song-writing is of a Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac standard, and if "emo" was a more critic-friendly genre, then the commentariat would have cooed and cookoo'd that Brand New Eyes was a truly special and significant record. Not that the band particularly needed the snobs and the cynics to sell millions of records and tickets..."
Not my words, Carol, the words of DrownedInSound Magazine('s editor/founder Sean Adams).
- Relevant artist taggings:
- Paramore »[x]
- Last Year's Fashion »[x]
- The Pictures »[x]
- Internet Forever »[x]
- Teen TIts Wild Wives »[x]
- Interview: "We channelled Prince's energy!" - Paramore discuss their 4th album
- This Week's Singles 28.01.13: Prince, Paramore, The Knife, Pulp, Disclosure, AlunaGeorge
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Saturday blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Paramore @ Leeds Festival 2012
- Reading & Leeds 2012 - DiS' Must See Acts
- At the Drive-In, Blood Red Shoes, Metronomy, SBTRKT, Shins, Cure, Paramore and more for Reading &
- Listen: New Paramore track, 'Monster'