Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
As Strong Bad says at the end of every Teen Girl Squad; 'It's Over!'
and used the opening gambit "you're that guy out of Babyshambles aren't you?" I feel this story is made better by the fact it was a genuine mistake.
just do something worthwhile and reform the libertines, already.
I bet that will be dreadful.
I can't recall a band with such an amount of press and cachet after the first album releasing a second that was so totally ignored.
Cooper Temple Clause reunion?! Actually, that still probably wouldn't be very good.
will do something together. The tossers deserve each other.
I was totally expecting them to split. But unlike when BYOP split, I'm really really happy this piece of cat shit band have pissed off.
as well, but like any possible Libertines reunion, I doubt it will be any time soon, I'm talking years not months.
Anyway, I'm gutted that DPT are no more coz I actually liked them, but unlike another band that split *cough cough* I actually got to see them live so I can put it behind me.
Bad News = Libertines reunion?
are the lesser of 2 evils, for sure. NME must have a huge hard on today.
Reading festival i guess
and yet there's some drooling comments below it saying "Hooray! The Libertines are back!"
Soon Didz'll be home
Didz's coming home
Now bring on The Cooper Temple Clause reunion, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
1) die/get maimed in an horrendous tuk tuk crash
2) overdose on ajax
3) contract a scorching case of herpes
4) get twatted by the dalai lama for wasting karmic energy
5) get reduced to giving gary glitter sexual favours for drug money
6) jointly marry chantelle hughes to keep their flagging profiles in the press
7) eat poisonous scorpions on I'm A Celebrity, only to be told that they are the test group and the real celebs arrive next week
8) team up with Jamie Oliver for his "make a junkie eat healthy" campaign
YOU GOTTA DO WHAT?
YOU GOTTA BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!
my indifference at this news.
this is like a dire boy band splitting... now they'll go and form solo projects... or worse still the Libs will reform... agh.
thanks for that Funkster
Come on man, that surely has always happened.
But I know what you're getting at, and I totally agree.
I would reply with 'meh', in Times New Roman, size 72.
making this officially the slowest news day ever.
1) theyre not bad, and id quite like to see the libertines reform.
2) i care so little im going to reply just so everyone knows
3) im going to act like this is the worst thing that has ever happened because i dont like the libertines, and a possible reformation will severely negatively affect the quality of my life.
is that it kept the fucking Libertines out of action
Barat and Doherty have doen more damage to UK music than ANYONE ever, including Simon Cowell and Chris Martin.
Ever wonder all the good bands are American these days?
but its only to say that i could not give a flying fuck.
you are talking absolute bollocks
WHAT DOES BRITISH MUSIC NEED MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
THE LIBERTINES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
but he still wears skinny everything.
of people saying 'i don't care, they're shit'
if you don't care, don't dignify it with a response then, tossbags.
Then how would anyone know?
For the record: I am also awash in a tsunami of apathy.
I mean, from a literal standpoint, this is in fact news.